Talk about video games and such here.
Also, home to the [w00t] clan.
readymix
Fag Herder

(:TF2:) Server Re-Birth

Postby readymix » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:45 pm

**Cross post from TF2Guild.com**

Hello everyone,

King Fag Herder here. As some of you might remember, myself and t3hw00t pitched in for 6 months of the server bill because it was on the verge of being shut-off. Since that time it has been pretty much dead. We are looking to change that. I'm putting in some effort on this, and hopefully, when the dust settles, we have a thriving community of TF2 players that keep coming back for fun.

Mission Statement:

It is our goal to make the TF2 Guild server the place people want to go when they want to play TF2 and have fun. Since King Fag Herder, and subsequently t3hw00t and [w00t] clan are now co-owners of the server, we are going to bring our philosophy of fun and casual gameplay to the server. To do this we will be adding some new features and changes to the server's day to day operation. Our goal is to bring the essence of what makes the guys and gals of TF2 Guild and [w00t] Clan the kind of people that others want to play with, and make it integral to the server and its operation.

1) Day to day operation:

It is our goal to have a few "theme days" during the week. These would be regular things. In the past "fun night" has been something that took planning and patience and coordination to get setup, and often times would only happen once a month. With the new configs, we would likely have a "fun day" when the server goes into funmode for the entire 24 hour span. If you have suggestions for different days, please speak up. Another idea was to have a PL day and run some custom PL maps all day long.

2) Administration:

One thing that can be learned from server op/admin is that when someone takes an administrative position, they are likely to spend more time on the server that 'employs' them. The other thing to that is that admins need to be available more often. I'm not insinuating that we need more admin abuse, but having active admins from our communities will bring more traffic.

3) Word filters:

This is where t3hw00t policy comes in. We will be doing away with the word filter entirely. The new policy will be "have fun, be yourself, but don't make anyone else's gaming experience suck because you're being a dick hole" Look, most of us are adults, the rest of us have seen an R rated movie at some point or hear these words at school. I think we can handle it. The other side of t3hw00t policy is that the community is self policing. Meaning that if someone is being a jackass, you tell them. If they continue, you ban them. Some history, during the 3.5 years that I've run t3hw00t.com, we have only banned 1 person. ONE. This is because lamers and trolls are driven away by the community, and being a jackass to others is frowned upon. Obviously the occasional trash talking is just fine and normal. Don't be a racist, don't be a bigot, don't be a sexist hateful jackass. Just respect your fellow man.

4) Goofy business:

What sets us apart from most places is that none of us take ourselves too seriously, and I believe that is what makes people want to play with us. I'm definately NOT going to add Quake sounds to the server, so don't worry about it. Quality over quantity. We can add some fun, trigger based sounds to the server without making it overwhelming and stupid. Trust me, I hate the Quake noises more than anyone else, I wont put that crap on there. But the occasional audible reward for doing something good or funny is always a nice change of pace and keeps people coming back for that reward.

5) Stats:

t3hw00t will be hosting the stats for the server. This will allow you to see how well you are doing, and foster some community competition from time to time. Another thing that it will do is allow the admins to keep tabs on jackwits. The problem we have now is capturing SteamIDs of people that act like fools. With the stats system, users could start threads in the forums saying "So and so was doing such and such" and we could verify it from the logs and ban them for it without actually having to be there. Yeah, you'll have to suffer through them if no admins are around, but rest assured, they WONT be back when we find out.

Suggestions:

Please, this is just a plan of action, but if you have some suggestions, we'd love to discuss it and get people's inputs. This is, in the end, everyone's server. And the goal is to have it be the most fun place to play for this community, and for people that wander in randomly.

Let's make this server and community one of the best and most fun groups to play with on the net!

King Fag Herder
Founder t3hw00t.com
Leader [w00t] Clan
ImageImageImage
crack

Re: (:TF2:) Server Re-Birth

Postby crack » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:52 pm

Quick ability to turn off all chat.

Ok, all chat is fun and all when it's <6 people total on the server, but when more people come on and you actually want to try to win, it's retarded.

I personally am not a huge fan of all chat. I've made that very clear at times and I'll continue to bitch about it. As stated before, it's fine when <6 or fun night, but not a fan at any other time.

-crack
Buttrape Froster. Also :popcorn:
froster138

Postby froster138 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

I want a the guy who says "Monster Kill" to say "Buttrape Froster" :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Furthermore: :roll:
Plunge don't care what you put down there

Image Image
Aegis
Overwatch
Overwatch

Postby Aegis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:21 pm

:rolleyes: we can turn off allchat, not a problem, just say something when it gets full. Most of us are too busy playing the game to go switch it on. Half the time it's not used anyway (the mic), and it's also a lot easier to track down who is mic spamming if they are on the other team when allchat is on.

I personally don't mind either way.
I don't need no INSTRUCTIONS to know how to ROCK!!!

McJohnny

Postby McJohnny » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:32 pm

You/we have your/our own game server?

Gimme details. Linux? If so, is it licensed? If not, and it comes time to renew a server lease, I can host it on the box which hosts jsalmi.com.

Or not. :) Just another offer.

I've got TF:2 and have done minimal playing - just solo stuff to get used to the controls etc. I'm scared of getting sucked into another game again, as WoW took way too much time out of my home life.

But - I would like to play sometime if you guys can handle a true noob.
Aegis
Overwatch
Overwatch

Postby Aegis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:35 pm

the server is hosted by gameservers.com .. we just paid for it and have full admin/ftp access

and we're noob friendly.

froster138

Postby froster138 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:36 pm

McJohnny wrote:But - I would like to play sometime if you guys can handle a true noob.

Dude, don't worry. This is a for fun ONLY server. Anyone playing for serious competition will most likely be kicked and/or banned.

Image Image
Mad Scientist

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:25 pm

King Fag Herder, i like you. your ideas for the server are great and i look forward to the fun nights. if we could get a thing posted saying what day and times the fun nights are i'll do my best to make it. also i agree with others all chat is awesome if its ONLY t3hw00t and TF2 clanners messing around and not even really trying to win. but once others join and game play gets (slightly) more serious then yeah it should be off.
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 am

**Cross post from TF2Guild**

Melee Monday: Melee maps and Arena Maps with melee only mode turned on.
Funday Sunday: Goofy maps, Party mode, All Talk, Silly business. You know the drill.
Humpday Payload: Payload map rotation all day.
TGIF Custom Maps: Custom maps in CP/PL/CTF (traditional playstyle) No Valve Maps.

t3hw00t will host the map files via HTTP so that download times for custom maps isn't long and annoying.

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be regular vanilla rotation.

**end cross post**

I'm trying to get some custom sounds in place for the Quake/UT sounds. I hate the ones that everyone has, we need our own special ones. Best suggestion I heard so far for one of them is a snippet from "NOW YOUR A MAN, A MAN MAN MAN." We're trying to figure out a way to trigger sounds to play for certain weapon kills. Basicly, we want to reward melee-ers for their kills by playing a unique sound to tell the server that someone just got their head caved in. Too many TF2 servers run the mod from Counter Strike, which rewards for backstabs and sniper headshots. I don't think those sorts of sissy, non-team behaviors really need all that much positive reinforcement. Multiple kill streaks and Melee kills will likely be the targets of noise making. That is still in coding, as I don't know how to hook the server status to trigger events. More on that later as it progresses.
ImageImageImage
frostyfrog

Postby frostyfrog » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 am

Hey King Fag Herder, How about when you get a kill streak you hear, "This was a triumph". It's just an idea...
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Here is a list of maps currently on the server, I've also indicated with a star which ones are known to work.

*air_gladiator_beta2
*arena_badlands
*arena_sawmill
*arena_watchtower
*arena_well
balls_soccerv2
*beerpong_b1
*billiards
*cp_badlands
cp_bathroom_a3
cp_beachinvasion
*cp_bestinclass_v2
cp_castle4
cp_cownation_b3
cp_dunder
*cp_dustbowl
*cp_egypt_final
*cp_fastlane
cp_floodzone3_x5
*cp_granary
*cp_gravelpit
*cp_junction_final
cp_labrynth_tower_b1
*cp_lazytown
cp_medieval_siege_v2_b23
*cp_pacman_wtf_b4
cp_roswell
cp_stag
*cp_steel
*cp_toy_fort_beta2
*cp_tron_final
*cp_well
*cpf_castle-siege_beta1
*ctf_2fort
ctf_aegis_b2
*ctf_aerospace_b4
ctf_backwards_b1
ctf_basictraining_b6
ctf_bball2_fixed
ctf_bedrooms3
ctf_canyongiant_v1
ctf_chaos
ctf_colorblind_beta
ctf_comex
ctf_cruise_b1
ctf_epic
ctf_excavation_beta
ctf_footie
ctf_frogger_beta_3
ctf_happyfarm
ctf_keepaway
ctf_launchzone
ctf_matador
ctf_methuselah_b1
ctf_outset_dewdleb6
ctf_peakcoal_beta_2
ctf_q
ctf_radiance_a1
*ctf_turbine
*ctf_well
*falling_cp
*hr_heavyrace
melee_brawlyard
*melee_grove_v2
*melee_grove_v21
*onlinegamer_boxing
*pl_badwater
*pl_donkeykong_final
*pl_goldrush
*pl_largefloors
pl_pushme_pullme_d
*plr_pipeline
pyro_breakout_b1
*pyro_tennis_a2h_b7r1
*rollerball-b1
*tc_hydro
*tdm_boxing
*vman_crap_o_polis_v2
billiards2_a2
cp_ballpark_v2
cp_piratelife_b5a
crazyjump_tf2
ctf_windows_v2rf
koth_ziggurat_b3
mcdonalds-mds_tf2
pl_emergency
*pl_halfacre
*pl_haywood_beta6
*pl_mill_b1
*pl_repository_rc3
*pl_stovepipe_b3
*pl_swift_final
*pl_woodland_b1
*pl_woodland_b5
skeeball_b01
surf_ctf_velocity_tf2_v1
surf_greatfissure
surf_tf_japan_v1_b3
surf_the_flow
vip_chrrgg_v5
ImageImageImage
Deride

Postby Deride » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:47 pm

I can has server eye pee locations on the aol interwebnets^*>???? kthxbi
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Server IP is 8.6.77.123:27015

There are about 14 people in it right now.
ImageImageImage
Mad Scientist

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:14 pm

sunday was good times (although we needed more people). one idea i had was when you first join the server theres that screen that comes up and it should be day appropriate. so on normal days it looks how it does now (but add a thing say what happens what days) but for special days have the screen different so that when people join they will know that its MELEE MONDAY!!! because it says so in big bat-you-in-the-face words. below it have stuff like "if you use anything else you can get kicked" and "if you dont like melee only here is what we do on other days".
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Don't worry, we're working on it.
ImageImageImage
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm

McJohnny wrote:You/we have your/our own game server?

Gimme details. Linux? If so, is it licensed? If not, and it comes time to renew a server lease, I can host it on the box which hosts jsalmi.com.

Or not. :) Just another offer.

I've got TF:2 and have done minimal playing - just solo stuff to get used to the controls etc. I'm scared of getting sucked into another game again, as WoW took way too much time out of my home life.

But - I would like to play sometime if you guys can handle a true noob.

I just saw this, how I missed it I have no clue. What are the specs on your internet connection? Uplink speed is key here.
ImageImageImage
Sh4rpie

Postby Sh4rpie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:46 am

Hey thanks King Fag Herder for bring the TF2 servers back online! I had a blast yesterday playing with you and Beeblebrox? I'm not sure if that's how you spell it :P I hope to catch you guys again soon! :D

PS....

There are a TON of emoticons :fireflower: :chewy: :hide: :horse: :cheep: :starman: :gay: :nazi: :ahhh: :blinky:
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:49 am

Sh4rpie wrote:Hey thanks King Fag Herder for bring the TF2 servers back online! I had a blast yesterday playing with you and Beeblebrox? I'm not sure if that's how you spell it :P I hope to catch you guys again soon! :D

PS....

There are a TON of emoticons :fireflower: :chewy: :hide: :horse: :cheep: :starman: :gay: :nazi: :ahhh: :blinky:

HAHA, welcome man! You'll find that this place is a mix of alot of different people. Best bet is to do like you're doing, just post stuff. You can post whore here, we in fact, encourage it. I forgot to send you a "Welcome Letter" so, welcome to t3hw00t. We do hope you enjoy your stay. Refreshments are in the back, gangbang is to the left, and the quote button is most enjoyable.
ImageImageImage
Sh4rpie

Postby Sh4rpie » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:54 am

King Fag Herder wrote:
Sh4rpie wrote:Hey thanks King Fag Herder for bring the TF2 servers back online! I had a blast yesterday playing with you and Beeblebrox? I'm not sure if that's how you spell it :P I hope to catch you guys again soon! :D

PS....

HAHA, welcome man! You'll find that this place is a mix of alot of different people. Best bet is to do like you're doing, just post stuff. You can post whore here, we in fact, encourage it. I forgot to send you a "Welcome Letter" so, welcome to t3hw00t. We do hope you enjoy your stay. Refreshments are in the back, gangbang is to the left, and the quote button is most enjoyable.

I only wish I could quote your signature but I guess you'll reply to this or something! Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to join the gangbang or something :P :chewy:
Shibbs
Ginger Kid

Postby Shibbs » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:38 am

Sh4rpie wrote:
King Fag Herder wrote:

PS....

I only wish I could quote your signature but I guess you'll reply to this or something! Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to join the gangbang or something :P :chewy:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Aegis
Overwatch
Overwatch

Postby Aegis » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:29 pm

:freeman:

Sh4rpie

Postby Sh4rpie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:42 am

I guess there was a reason as to why this thread wouldn't load a couple days ago. Thanks t3hshibbzorz!

I c wut u ded thar :golfclap:
laurac00kie

Postby laurac00kie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 pm

WHY ISN'T ANYBODY PLAYING WITH ME ANYMORE.

I'm finally good now that I got a new computer.
froster138

Postby froster138 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:39 pm

laurac00kie wrote:WHY ISN'T ANYBODY PLAYING WITH ME ANYMORE.

That's what she said.

Image Image
readymix
Fag Herder

Postby readymix » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:52 am

laurac00kie wrote:WHY ISN'T ANYBODY PLAYING WITH ME ANYMORE.

I'm finally good now that I got a new computer.

I'll play with you tomorrow night (Wednesday) if you are online.
ImageImageImage
Aegis
Overwatch
Overwatch

Postby Aegis » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:15 am

TF2 whats that? :p

Return to “Video Games Discussion”